Driving more business to your holiday property management company is, of course, the only way to increase profits. Promoting your business is about knowing where to find potential customers and how to convince them to work with you. Here are our top ten tips for promoting your holiday rental website both online and offline.
1. Get your properties listed as widely as possible; not only will this bring more business to your properties but it will get your business’s name out there.
2. Create a great website that will drive traffic to your site. Good property website design combines functionality, visual appeal, and effective SEO.
3. Use social media to your advantage. Advertise your strong points on Facebook and get involved in relevant conversations on Twitter. You can also use social media to publicly answer customer queries and prove how good your customer service is.
4. Network. Attend events and conferences, make contacts, print some business cards, and put your business on the map.
5. Invest in Search Engine Marketing. Your website is a great place to practice SEO to drive more viewers to the site, but SEM and PPC advertising can really help to push those numbers up.
6. Take advantage of the benefits of rental property software, which can help you to offer a smoother service to customers while also aid you in analysing your target market and putting together marketing materials and emails.
7. Word of mouth. Yes, good old fashioned word of mouth is still a huge player when it comes to marketing. Make sure your customers go away happy and encourage them to recommend you.
8. List your business on online review sites. Sites like Yelp can help you to gain visibility as well as addressing any negative customer reviews you do receive; just be sure to keep standards up so that most of your reviews are 5-star ones.
9. Utilise video marketing. The tourism industry is powered by lifestyle, so showing off luxury holiday properties and destinations via well-made videos will do wonders to promote your business as an aspirational brand.
10. Create content that people want to read. Bring visitors to your site and offer something unique on social media by posting content that is both informative and entertaining. If you can get people sharing your blogs – even just a few shares, to begin with – that’s free advertising which is worth its weight in gold.